Nothing is more comforting and relaxing than a long luxurious bath at the end of a stressful and busy day. And to make the experience even more soothing there are CBD bath bombs – softeners and emollients that can be added to the bath’s water to moisturize and rejuvenate your skin. These bombs can as well add colors and a pleasant odor to the water.
But let’s first look into the general benefits of bath bombs.
Equally effective and beneficial for all skin types, bath bombs can leave your skin feeling soft, silky, and refreshed. They help cleanse from within. While many are without any harmful chemicals or artificial ingredients and can leave your skin looking velvety smooth and youthful, others may contain dyes and fragrances that can disrupt your body including your hormones. Due to the many products out there in the market, it is essential to know how to pick the right ones for you.
It is all in the ingredients1.
For example, if you have very sensitive and irritable skin, you may want to test the bomb on a small part of your inner arm to make sure you will not get irritated2.
Healthy bath bombs should contain natural ingredients. In terms of their composition, these normally contain citric acid, bicarbonate, Epsom salts, and even coconut oil3. So, they would only contain ingredients that help clean, repair, and deodorize the skin, and strengthen blood vessels without causing any harmful side effects. Moreover, such power combos can help you feel healthier and look younger.
In addition to benefitting the skin, bath bombs can have various other attributes as well. They help create an ambiance of luxury, fizzing in the bath and releasing exotic scents as you wash away all your stress and anxieties. These opulent effervescent balls will help transform your bathing experience into a spa-like wonder. Many people prefer to use bath bombs as a basis for aromatherapy – the soothing scents that linger on the skin even after the bath is over will stay with you all day, keeping you calm, energized, and focused to meet any challenges that you may encounter. And if you’re going to bed, the relaxing scents will help unwind your body and mind and help you drift into a deep, peaceful sleep.
Dr. Yang explains how a bath bomb can offer its user what is called a two-phase visual stimulation and aromatherapy. So, the outer layer offers the effervescent amusing properties while the inner core contains the therapeutic ones4.
Table of Contents
- What are CBD Bath Bombs?
- CBD Bath Bombs Quick Guide
- Product Selection Methodology
- Reputable CBD Brands
- Third-Party Lab Test Results
- Active and Inactive Ingredients
- Variety of Price
- Extraction Method
- Best high-potency multi-pack
- Best self-regulating
- Mission Farms
- Best low-potency
- Joy Organics
- Best Isolate multi-pack
- Hemp Bombs
- best isolate single-pack
- Premium jane
- Best high-potency single-pack
- Best full-spectrum
- American Shaman
- How Much CBD Bath Bomb Should You Use?
- How Long Does a CBD Bath Bomb Last?
- What are the Benefits of Using a CBD Bath Bomb?
- Where Can You Buy Bath Bombs?
- CBD Legality
- CBD Safety and Side Effects
- Final Thoughts on CBD Bath Bombs
What are CBD Bath Bombs?
We’re sure you’re familiar with CBD oil – a diluted form of cannabidiol, the non-psychoactive, and extremely beneficial chemical component derived from the cannabis or hemp plant. A high concentration of CBD is known to relieve stress and provide soothing comfort to the body5.
By combining CBD oil with other ingredients, such as essential oils, botanicals, and minerals, manufacturers have managed to create CBD bath products, such as bath bombs and CBD bath salts, which apart from having all the benefits described above, also provide the added advantages of CBD, including a reduction in inflammation, hydration and overall nourishment for the skin6, 7.
Here’s how they work: CBD involves the localized endocannabinoid receptors through the open pores in your skin, and together with the other organic ingredients, facilitates full-body relaxation.
Below are our reviews of what we believe are the seven best CBD bath bombs currently on the market.
CBD Bath Bombs Quick Guide
Joy Organics CBD Bath Bombs
15% off discount CBDSCHOOL
Hemp Bombs Bubble Bomb Varieties
20% off discount CBDSCHOOL20
cbdMD CBD Bath Bombs Multi Pack
20% off discount CBDSCHOOL
Premium Jane Bath Bomb
Mission Farms Relax CBD Bath Soak
15% off discount 15PERCENT
American Shaman Bath Bomb
20% off discount AMERICAN20
CBDfx Bath Bombs
10% off discount FXSAVINGS
Product Selection Methodology
There are a variety of CBD-based products available these days, but be warned – not all are as transparent in terms of quality and safety as they claim to be.
So when choosing a CBD bath bomb, or any CBD product for that matter, it’s imperative to keep the following requirements in mind:
Reputable CBD Brands
Always choose products from transparent CBD brands that have a guaranteed reputation in the industry and are dedicated to providing high-quality products – we make sure we include only these in our lists.
The most reliable products are undoubtedly those that are made using all-natural, non-GMO hemp (produced without genetic engineering) grown in the US8. Using natural ingredients limits the amount of processing required, makes extraction of the final product simpler, and makes the product safe with minimal or no side-effects.
Third-Party Lab Test Results
To ensure authenticity and reliability, always choose products that have undergone third-party lab testing and made the results available on their websites. These tests make sure that the product's cannabinoid levels match those claimed on the product label, and guarantee the absence of heavy metals, molds, or pesticides in the final product.
Active and Inactive Ingredients
Always look at all active (an ingredient that contains CBD) and inactive ingredients on the label to ensure you’re choosing the highest quality CBD product available. When possible, choose an all-natural product made without any artificial ingredients.
Look for products with different potencies to meet your specific needs. Certain brands offer a wider selection when it comes to their products, while others offer only one or two potencies. When making our recommendations, we try to mention brands and products that offer multiple options.
Variety of Price
We try to include products of various prices to meet the needs of everyone’s budget. When looking at the price of a product, keep in mind that these will vary depending on the strength, serving size, volume, and any additional ingredients.
Our exclusive lists try to give you all the information you need to make an informed decision that suits your specific desires and needs.
Olive oil method of extraction
The olive oil method of extraction was the first method to be utilized for extracting CBD from hemp. It is a clean and cost-effective method that involves heating the raw plant material to a temperature that activates the plant. However, the main issue with this method is that the olive oil that is activated with CBD must then be strictly kept in a dark and cool place in order to keep it fresh.
Solvent extraction uses butane, propane, ethanol, isopropyl, or alcohol to extract the CBD from hemp. It is the cheapest and quickest method but is also the most dangerous.
CO2 Extraction method
Currently, the most common method of extracting CBD is the CO2 method, which is also the most expensive due to the cost of equipment. However, it provides a potent, safe, and chlorophyll-free product.
Top 7 CBD Bath Bombs
Best high-potency multi-pack
CBD Bath Bombs Multi-Pack
USA GROWN HEMP
Lab results can be found on the individual bath bomb pages
- The collection features six bath bombs of varying scents and colors, giving you the option to reap the benefits of different rejuvenation combinations of CBD and natural organic ingredients.
- High dosage of CBD per bath bomb, the highest amount of CBD per bath bomb on our list.
- High-quality manufacturing process ensures that valuable cannabinoids (CBD, CBG, CBN) and terpenes remain preserved.
- Contains no THC
- Aids recovery of muscles after exercise
- All natural ingredients
- cbdMD bath bombs come in single packs, 4-packs and these multi-packs.
- While you get a high amount of CBD per bath bomb, and 6 bath bombs are included in this pack, this is the most expensive purchase on our list, however, well worth it!
- Made using premium CBD, cbdMD’s ‘Signature Collection of CBD bath bombs’ are infused with essential oils such as frankincense, lavender and eucalyptus that help relax your mind and body after a particularly stressful day, and feature an exclusive therapeutic blend of epsom salts to revitalize your skin.
- Every bath bomb contains 100 mg of CBD, without any artificial dyes or preservatives. Also, the coloring used for the bombs is non-staining and absorption-safe.
- Broad-spectrum CBD is used for cbdMD's bath bombs.
15% off discount with code 15PERCENTS
Relax CBD Bath Soak
USA GROWN HEMP
- This exclusive bath bomb is a luxury goat-milk bath carefully crafted to alleviate stress. Goat milk is readily absorbed by the skin, and also contains vitamins A, D, E and K.
- Moreover, goat milk also contains MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) which bind to CBD and allow it to be more easily absorbed by the body, relieving muscular tension and promoting relaxation.
- Comes in two different package options.
- Due to not being a bomb you are able to regulate the amount of CBD you use per bath.
- Sustainable packaging and because it's not a bomb you can regulate how much CBD/product to use in a bath.
- Chemical-free and nutrient-rich product
- Contains additional benefits of goat milk
- The Relax CBD bath soak by Mission Farms allows you to immerse yourself in the goodness of goat milk, essential oils and premium-grade CBD, soothing your body and mind.
- The additional vitamins and antioxidants help the body heal and recuperate from within, making this product extremely effective for quenching stress and exfoliating and hydrating the skin.
- Relax CBD bath soak also contains the goodness of lavender for sleep, spearmint and eucalyptus to reduce inflammation, honey for extra sensitive skin, coconut oil, olive oil, palm oil, and other essential oils that help recuperate and revitalize the skin, restoring its health and freshness, and relax the nervous system.
- 3.5oz packs will give you between 4 to 6 servings per pack.
- 7oz packs will give you between 8 to 12 servings per pack.
CBD Bath Bombs
USA GROWN HEMP
- The four CBD bath bombs provide plenty of different options to soothe and rejuvenate the body and soul.
- Many users have reported that these bath bombs provide significant relief from aching and sore joints and muscles.
- The product also comes with free shipping and a money-back guarantee.
- All THC is removed from the CBD oil, so that you can enjoy all the benefits of CBD safely.
- Reasonably priced
- Unmatched shipping and return policies.
- Calming and refreshing aroma that begins to spread immediately.
- Each bomb has the lowest amount of CBD per bomb, 25mg. However, you get four bombs per pack and some people may like the lower serving size compared to the higher potency bombs.
- This luxurious pack of four bath bombs is made especially to promote relaxation.
- Each bomb infused with 25mg of premium-quality CBD. They’re perfect self-care regime for unwinding after a long and hectic day.
- Organic coconut oil, lavender oil, and cocoa seed butter help soothe the skin and provide a truly relaxing experience without any synthetic scent.
- Joy Organics use broad spectrum hemp extracts that provide all the benefits of the natural components of the hemp plant, which is often called the ‘entourage effect’.
Best Isolate multi-pack
Bubble Bomb Varieties
USA GROWN HEMP
- Whether you’re exhausted and recovering from an intense workout, or you’re just looking to have a refreshing and relaxing soak, these fizzy bath bombs will provide you a serene bathing experience that’ll have you rejuvenated in a matter of minutes.
- Each pack comes with 3 bath bombs. There's also a variety pack that gives you one of each type of bath bomb.
- Three CBD bath bombs per package.
- High-quality ingredients
- A nice amount of CBD per bomb (75mg).
- Made with isolate which while some may prefer due to no THC, some may prefer either broad or full-spectrum CBD being used.
- Hemp Bombs Bubble Bombs come in three varieties: Signature, Relieve & Soothe, and Sleepy Dreams. There's also a pack that gives you one of each!
- Each is made using an exclusive blend of 75mg CBD and ingredients that provides targeted benefits for varying needs and lifestyles.
- The Signature CBD Bubble Bombs are made using natural charcoal and green tea, which help exfoliate and cleanse the skin.
- The Relieve & Soothe CBD Bath Bomb contains eucalyptus and cooling mint to promote relaxation and calmness after a tense and hectic day.
- The Sleepy Dreams CBD Bath Bomb is an exclusive blend of lavender and chamomile – the ultimate combination to promote a peaceful night’s sleep.
best isolate single-pack
CBD Bath Bomb
USA GROWN HEMP
- Each Eucalyptus bath bomb is crafted to allow the phytochemicals to penetrate your bloodstream via the skin, healing and relaxing your body from within.
- Each Almond Coconut bath bomb is carefully manufactured to help recuperate the body and soul after a stressful routine.
- The Lavender CBD bath bomb helps soothes the body, pampers and revitalizes the skin, and helps achieve ultimate relaxation.
- Lasts up to 45 minutes
- Relaxing and refreshing moisturizing formula.
- Natural aromatic formula.
- Safe and premium-grade hemp extract used.
- No THC
- Isolate is used to create these bath bombs. Those seeking no THC will appreciate this, however, for those of us that would prefer either broad or full-spectrum CBD you will have to choose a different brand.
- Premium Jane CBD bath bombs incorporate 50mg of hemp extract into a 5oz sphere that is purely hygienic and provides complete relaxation and rejuvenation.
- These CBD bath bomb are not only a high-quality product, but also deliver a soothing experience for the mind and body.
- Premium Jane CBD bath bombs come in many varieties – almond coconut, eucalyptus, lavender, jasmine and raspberry – each offering its own benefits.
- Isolate CBD is used.
Best high-potency single-pack
CBD Bath Bombs
USA GROWN HEMP
- Each bath bomb consists of hand-picked ingredients that are carefully combined with naturally-occurring essential oils and herbs to make your bathing experience relaxing, rejuvenating and beneficial.
- Active botanical and essential oils such as Lavender, Arnica, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Spearmint, and Hawaiian Black Salt help relax the joints and muscles, and also recuperate the skin and return its softness and natural shine.
- These bath bombs are infused with the highest-grade CBD, ensure that every milligram of CBD oil in the bath bomb is absolutely pure and free from impurities.
- Highest amount of CBD per bomb on our list, 200mg!
- Contains no harmful dyes or irritants.
- Contain no THC.
- Hemp is extracted using the energy-efficient and specialized CO2 extraction process, ensuring the end product contains only highly-purified CBD.
- 100% vegan and made using organic hemp.
- While some may look at this as a pro, many will find the 200mg of CBD per bath bomb a bit too much to handle.
- Isolate is used in these bath bombs and while some may like THC free CBD products, others may desire broad or full-spectrum products.
- CBDfx has been a leader in the world of commercial CBD products for over half a decade. Their two exclusive CBD bath bomb recipes offer the best of both worlds: Soothing Lavender and Recharge Eucalyptus.
- Both these bath bombs feature a signature blend of specially-formulated ingredients, natural organic essential oils, and minerals that the body needs to fully recovery after a long stressful day.
- Each bath bomb contains 200mg of premium high-grade 99% pure isolate CBD, providing total relief from physical and mental stress.
15% off discount with code CBDSCHOOL
Premium CBD Recover Cream
USA GROWN HEMP
- These bath bombs are made using the best ingredients to maximize their benefits which include Vitamin C, Epsom Salt, and Witch Hazel.
- Utilizes proprietary nanotechnology and CO2 extraction processes to ensure the purest and cleanest hemp.
- 45-day return policy
- Special discounts available for veterans
- Uses full-spectrum CBD!
- Low CBD content, especially for the price
- On the high-end of cost for a per bomb on our list
- American Shaman is one of the largest CBD companies in the market, and their bath bombs are a lavish treat for your mind, body, and soul, combining nature’s best natural ingredients in an exclusive blend for maximizing health and wellness.
- Each bath bombs contain 30 mg of CBD and are available in three exotic scents: Lavender/Lilac, Tea Tree/Mint, and Oatmeal, each delivering its own therapeutic and serene value.
How Much CBD Bath Bomb Should You Use?
Figuring out how much and how often to use the product varies from a person to another. It’s best to start with a minimal amount and gradually increase it, depending on your need. Overall, you want to aim for a lowest most effective dose. While small doses can have no effect at all on your body, higher than needed doses can result in side effects.
It is recommended to plan a 30 minutes experience enjoying the full effects of whichever CBD bath bomb you decide to purchase and use.
How Long Does a CBD Bath Bomb Last?
The average shelf life of bath bombs is about six months. Some are a compacted mixture of natural ingredients such as sodium bicarbonate and citric acid that have a long shelf life; however, you need to keep in mind that citric acid starts losing its effectiveness with time.
Each product should have a manufacturer recommended use-by date.
To benefit from the CBD bath bomb experience and get all associated benefits, it is recommended by most manufacturers to soak it in the bath at least for 30 minutes. Some manufacturers even advise for a 45 minutes bath experience.
What are the Benefits of Using a CBD Bath Bomb?
Where Can You Buy Bath Bombs?
Bath bombs are commonly sold at local stores and can also be purchased online. However, we have curated a list of highly recommend brands and products for their quality and genuineness.
According to the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp-derived CBD products must contain no more than 0.3% THC on a dry weight basis, which is the psychoactive component of hemp. When CBD is sourced from the hemp plant and meets this criterion, it is considered legal under federal law.
CBD Safety and Side Effects
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), naturally occurring CBD is considered safe for use in products and is well-tolerated in humans and animals.
However, we always recommended reading the product labels carefully to ensure that you aren’t allergic or sensitive to any of the active or inactive ingredients.
Final Thoughts on CBD Bath Bombs
We did our intensive search in CBD product guides and provided you with a list of the seven best CBD bath bombs that help moisturize the skin while providing a relaxing experience.
CBD bath bombs can drastically modify the way we bathe – not only can they combine the best of ingredients to improve our overall health, but they can equally help recharge and rejuvenate our body and mind.
CBD bath bombs are simply an amazing addition to a well-rounded bathing routine. Try out these CBD bath bombs for a truly stress-free and inexpensive spa-like experience, that too in the comfort of your home.
1Zerbe, L. (2019, February 21). Are Bath Bombs Safe? The Ingredients Are Terrifying (Here Are the Top 6 Health Threats). Retrieved December 23, 2020, from https://draxe.com/health/are-bath-bombs-safe/
2Is Marinating in the Tub With a Bath Bomb Safe for Your Skin? (2020, October 07). Retrieved December 23, 2020, from https://health.clevelandclinic.org/is-marinating-in-the-tub-with-a-bath-bomb-safe-for-your-skin/
3Pompa, D. (2015, October 13). Don't Bathe in Toxins! Recipes for Healthy Bath Bombs… Retrieved December 23, 2020, from https://drpompa.com/health/healthy-bath-bombs-that-can-change-your-day/
4US20190307653A1 – Two-Phase Visual Stimulation and Aromatherapy Bath Bomb Composition. (n.d.). Retrieved December 23, 2020, from https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190307653A1/en
5Mateus Machado Bergamaschi, Regina Helena Costa Queiroz, Antonio Waldo Zuardi and Jose Alexandre S. Crippa, “ Safety and Side Effects of Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa Constituent”, Current Drug Safety (2011) 6: 237. https://doi.org/10.2174/157488611798280924
9Olson, R. M., MD, & Rittenberg, E., MD. (2019, November 07). Why are women using CBD products – and do they work? Retrieved December 23, 2020, from https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-are-women-using-cbd-products-and-do-they-work-2019111818317