If you’re interested in learning more about CBD, you’re certainly not alone. Every day more and more people are discovering the tremendous potential contained in this non-psychoactive cannabinoid derived from hemp and some strains of cannabis. From decreasing inflammation, seizures, and anxiety to pain management and much, much more, CBD is quickly becoming one of the hottest wellness products to hit the market in decades.
We know that there’s A LOT of information available on the internet about CBD. We wanted to make things a bit easier for those of you interested in trying CBD or learning more about it. The following books were carefully selected out of countless general books about cannabis, as they’re specifically focused on CBD as opposed to THC and medical marijuana.
While we’re dedicated to educating as many people as possible about the tremendous benefits of CBD, we’re not doctors, and can’t always answer your medical questions. We believe, however, that some of these books may be able to provide the guidance you’re seeking as most have been written by medical professionals.
If you’re ready to begin using CBD and want to know more, the following six books will all be beneficial on your journey.
1. Cannabis Revealed: How the world’s most misunderstood plant is treating everything from chronic pain to epilepsy
Cannabis Revealed was written by well-respected cannabis specialist Bonni Goldstein, MD., medical director of Canna-Centers, an organization established in 2008 that offers medical evaluations to individuals who want to incorporate medical cannabis into their lives. This 294-page book covers the science behind “the world’s most misunderstood plant” and is an extremely informative and educational work that explains just how cannabis works as medicine.
- Learn all about the cannabis plant, as well as hemp-derived CBD.
- Discover in-depth, easy-to-understand information about the endocannabinoid system and how it works.
- Educate yourself on how to use cannabis as medicine, including the effects of both THC and CBD. You’ll learn about how to read and understand cannabis testing results, various methods of delivery when using cannabis as medicine, different dosing recommendations, the difference between recreational and medical use, and much, much more.
- The final chapter of Cannabis Revealed covers 28 different conditions for which cannabis has shown to be of benefit, as well the research behind it.
- “A must read for anyone who seeks to understand the healing potential and practical application of therapeutic cannabis.” -Martin A Lee, Director of Project CBD
2. Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs: Natural Supplements to Support Healthy Living and Graceful Aging
Caroline Coile, PhD., is a canine expert that offers over 30 years of documented research on the therapeutic benefits of cannabis for animals and introduces the reader to new CBD products designed specifically for pets that need them most in her book Cannabis and CBD Science for Dogs. In her book you’ll find:
- Information about the history of hemp and a detailed look at the history of American hemp.
- The therapeutic applications of CBD and other non-psychoactive cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Effective CBD products you can use for your pets.
- How other pet owners have found CBD to be beneficial for their pets.
3. CBD-Rich Hemp Oil: Cannabis Medicine is Back
CBD-Rich Hemp Oil was written by Steven Leonard-Johnson PhD. and certified Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse. He is also a current member of the American Cannabis Nurses Association (ACNA). The book’s principal focus is the health benefits of CBD derived from natural hemp. Some of the topics CBD-Rich Hemp Oil covers include:
- The importance of understanding the endocannabinoid system (ECS) and how CBD and THC work in harmony with the ECS. Learn about being “endocannabinoid deficient” and how medical marijuana (including THC and CBD) can help with this deficiency.
- The difference between medical marijuana and the cannabinoid CBD.
- The wide-range of therapeutic benefits contained in CBD, including countless conditions that it’s shown to be beneficial for.
4. Medical Marijuana and Your Pet: The Definitive Guide
If you’re wondering if CBD could help your pet, Medical Marijuana and Your Pet could be the book for you. Written by Dr. Robert Silva, Denver-based holistic veterinarian, this book offers all the information you need about the potential benefits and risks of using medical marijuana for pets with serious medical problems. In this book you’ll find:
- Products you can find at the dispensary and exactly which products are safer than others to use for your pet.
- Why hemp-based CBD products are safer for your pet than cannabis-derived CBD that may contain trace amounts of THC.
- Recipes for 9 homemade marijuana recipes for pets, including instructions on how to make your own extracts from butter or oils.
5. CBD: What You Need to Know
In CBD: What You Need to Know, author Gregory Smith, MD., offers a patient-focused, scientifically supported book for people seeking the truth about CBD. In this 215-page, interactive book, readers will learn everything about CBD they need to make an educated and informed decision on choosing the best products to fit their needs. In CBD: What You Need to Know, you’ll find:
- Exciting accounts of science mixed with personal stories of people who have found benefit with CBD from the past 20 years.
- Information about the history and legal issues that surround CBD and cannabis.
- How CBD works in the body and brain to provide the benefits it does.
- Advice on using CBD for 17 various medical conditions including: pain, tapering off opioids, anxiety, seizures, and more.
- A specific protocol for using CBD to decrease and stop opioid use
6. CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medical Cannabis-Healing Without the High
As one of the most accessible guides on CBD we’ve seen, CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medical Cannabis, is hands-down one of our all-time favorite books about CBD. Written by Leonard Leinhow, founder of Synergy Wellness with three decades of cultivation and medical cannabis experience, you’ll find 325-pages of information suitable for both new patients and experienced users alike. CBD: A Patient’s Guide to Medical Cannabis offers:
- Information organized by various health conditions including: arthritis, seizures, anxiety, depression, and more.
- Information on the endocannabinoid system and the role it plays in mood, memory, appetite, pain response, and immunity.
- Case studies, interviews with doctors, and up-to-date research about other phytocannabinoids and terpenes found in cannabis that are currently being studied for medical use.
- The difference between hemp-derived CBD products and those produced in a lab, as well as those made from medical marijuana.
- Information about using CBD for pets.
- A look at the future of medical cannabis, trends in legalization, and the potential of CBD to fight the opioid epidemic.