Having trouble sleeping?
Join the club.
Did you know that one in three adults don’t get the sleep they need?
That’s not all. Did you know that lack of sleep in the US is such a significant problem that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that insufficient sleep is a public health epidemic?
How much sleep would you say you average each night? If it’s less than seven hours, consider yourself sleep deprived.
We’re not going to lie. We’re not immune to sleep issues ourselves. That’s why we’re extremely happy that one of our favorite CBD brands has come out with a new product designed specifically as a sleep aid.
Aside from their line of CBD tinctures and other products, cbdMD recently added something else to their extensive line of products.
Introducing: cbdMD PM, a specially designed CBD tincture for sleep.
Anyone who suffers from sleep should know that this could be the (all-natural ticket) to helping you get the sleep you need.
cbdMD PM Sleep-Aid
While CBD isn’t typically associated as being a sleep-aid, it’s actually known to be quite beneficial for balancing the sleep-wake cycle.
When taken regularly, it helps balance out the endocannabinoid system and has shown to help people fall asleep, stay asleep, and stay awake the next day.
A recent review even found that CBD could be therapeutically beneficial for insomnia.
It’s also great for helping you relax and relieve any anxious thoughts or stress that might be getting in the way of you getting to sleep at night.
These are all things cbdMD is well-aware of and what has led to the creation of the cbdMD PM Sleep-Aid.
cbdMD PM Ingredients
cbdMD PM doesn’t only contain CBD. There’s also a bunch of other ingredients in it that have proven to be beneficial for sleep. Think of it as an all-natural nightcap if you will.
Other ingredients (and their benefits) contained in cbdMD PM include:
- Melatonin: Melatonin is a natural hormone produced in the body (primarily in the pineal gland) that aids in regulating sleep cycles. Melatonin supplements are one of the most popular natural sleep aids that exist and for good reason. A 2017 review that looked at 12 various trials on how well melatonin really works for primary sleep disorder in adults, for example, found melatonin to have “potential importance” in treating first degree sleep disorders.
- Valerian Root: Valerian has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years. Research shows that where sleep is concerned, valerian root can improve sleep quality without causing side effects. Valerian root is also known to help with anxiety, which is a major reason people don’t get the sleep they need. Kind of sounds a lot like CBD, doesn’t it?
- Passionflower Extract: Passionflower is awesome for anxiety, so much so that it is similar to anti anxiety medication in animal studies. It’s believed to increase levels of GABA, which helps regulate mood and sleep. In animal studies, passionflower was shown to significantly increase deep (slow-wave) sleep, reduce REM sleep, and help the rats fall asleep more quickly.
- Cascade Hops: Hops are frequently paired with valerian root as a sleep aid. Why? Because they’re a proven sedative that increases GABA activity. It’s said that hops were discovered to induce sleep long ago in Europe, where it was observed that field workers who cultivated hops tended to fall asleep on the job more than usual. No wonder hops go so well with CBD…cannabis and hops plants are cousins after all 😉
- Chamomile Flower: Chamomile is one of the most ancient medicinal herbs known to man and is considered a mild tranquilizer. There’s a reason so many people drink chamomile tea before bed. Because it typically works like magic to help people get the sleep they need.
- Lemon Balm: Research shows that lemon balm not only helps treat insomnia, but that it’s an excellent natural remedy for anxiety. Several studies point to the efficiency of lemon balm as a sedative with research experts noting, “significantly decreased sleep disorders among those who were given lemon balm versus the placebo group.”
Seriously, even without the CBD we feel like cbdMD’s sleep formula would be amazing.
Getting a bit more specific, there are 16.6mg of CBD per serving (one dropper).
cbdMD PM comes in both a tincture and spray bottle for your convenience. We personally love the spray bottle since it makes things nice and easy.
The formula also contains 5mg melatonin, which is a typical standard serving size of the famous all-natural sleep aid. The proprietary blend of other beneficial sleep ingredients is 250mg per serving.
Can cbdMD PM Help You Get the Sleep You Need?
We’ve been reviewing cbdMD since the company debuted and have found that we’re typically always pleased with their products.
Needless to say, we were excited to learn about their nighttime CBD formula.
The bottle is clearly labeled with the ingredients it contains and the suggested use says to “take 30 minutes before bedtime.”
The calming effects of this amazing blend of natural herbs that have proven beneficial for several different sleep problems could be exactly what you need to help you get the sleep you need.
How Much cbdMD PM Should You Take?
When it comes to CBD, everyone is different.
And this is something to keep in mind when trying any new product. If you’re interested in trying cbdMD PM for sleep, you might be wondering just how much you should actually take.
Best word of advice we can give? Start low and increase your dosage if necessary. This is what we recommended for trying any CBD product, and something cbdMD recommends when trying out their products, as well.
In their product description for cbdMD PM, cbdMD states:
“Melatonin is a naturally-produced hormone that affects the body with every dose of our natural sleep aid. However, the timeframe for desired results from CBD oil will differ for each person. As always, it is recommended to start with a lower dose and adjust as needed. When beginning your nightly CBD regimen, it may take at least 2-3 weeks to feel the wealth of all-natural benefits. We strongly advise consulting your doctor before taking any CBD products for particular ailments.”
Why Choose cbdMD PM?
It’s no secret that at CBD School, we’re wild about CBD and the seemingly endless benefits it contains. Not only have we seen how well the cannabinoid works in our own lives and the lives of those we love, but also hear stories every single day about how cannabidiol has improved the lives of people all across the globe.
We’re committed to bringing products we believe would be beneficial to the average CBD consumer. Whether you’re just visiting our site for the first time or you regularly frequent our resources committed to all things cannabidiol, we want you to know what’s available to you in this rapidly growing industry.
Since the beginning, we’ve found cbdMD to be one of the most professional and committed companies in this highly unregulated industry. They’re commitment to quality is unparalleled, with the third-party test results to prove it.
Will cbdMD PM work for you? We hope so.
Have you tried cbdMD PM? We’d love to hear about your experience in the comments below.