There’s widespread concern, stress, and fear across different parts of the world because of the increasing number of COVID-19 cases, as well as mortality rates that have been hitting the vulnerable groups, like seniors. According to the World Health Organization, it’s crucial to maintain psychological resilience and mental health during the COVID-19 crisis.
Now, more than ever, people should stay calm during this crisis by considering using cannabidiol or CBD oil. For many years, cannabidiol has been known as a therapeutic cannabinoid or cannabis compound found in hemp plants. It’s entirely safe to use, has no psychoactive effects, and no health-threatening side effects.
In this post, you’ll learn how to use CBD to stay calm during the COVID-19 crisis, so you’ll be guided on the proper use, dose, and consumption methods. This article also includes tips on choosing the best CBD products to combat stress and anxiety.
Table of Contents
CBD Oil As Stress Buster
Even before this health crisis, CBD products have already been popping up like mushrooms, promising anti-anxiety effects to help people cope better with stressful situations. The recommended site Cheefbotanicals.com provides a wide array of CBD products, taking pride in selling premium quality CBD oil.
CBD oil comes in tiny bottles and in various types, such as full-spectrum CBD oil in 300-, 600-, 1200-, and 3000-milligram bottles. Specially formulated full-spectrum CBD oil has been extracted using pure carbon dioxide or supercritical extraction method. Full-spectrum CBD oil means that the product contains all other plant compounds, such as terpenes (responsible for the CBD aroma) and cannabinoids, like tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, in trace values. The THC content of CBD products is usually less than 0.30 percent.
CBD oil can be taken orally by applying a few drops directly into the mouth using a dropper or mixing it with your food or drink. Don’t worry because CBD oil drops have only little to no taste. It’s crucial to check the listing carefully before buying CBD oil online, as well as the label if you’ll buy in a local dispensary or drug store.
Here are the important things you have to check when buying CBD oil:
- Third-party lab certification: Make sure that you’re buying a CBD product that has been lab-tested. It is best to buy CBD oil that contains full-spectrum CBD or cannabinoids.
- Made of natural ingredients: Only buy CBD oil that is made of 100 percent natural ingredients, like CBD oil and hemp seed oil, which is rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids. Also, hemp seed oil is a nutritious superfood that can support and boost the effects of your healthy diet.
- Organic and non-GMO: Choose organic CBD oil without preservatives or additives, as well as non-genetically modified organisms or non-GMO (genetic makeup not altered or modified in the laboratory).
Immediately Decrease Stress Levels Using CBD Tincture
CBD tinctures are a convenient and popular form of CBD. These CBD products are highly concentrated, delivering cannabidiol throughout the body faster than other variants, like edibles or capsules. Also, CBD tinctures are easier to break down by the body as compared to edibles or capsules.
CBD oil is extracted from hemp plants to create a powerfully concentrated oil or tincture, and which can be easily ingested for rapid effects. For immediate stress relief, apply a few drops of CBD tincture under the tongue or through sublingual route for fast blood absorption via the capillaries of the oral mucosa.
Here are ways to apply CBD tincture to help immediately decrease your stress or anxiety levels:
- Shake the bottle before use: This step is important to ensure that the CBD tincture is well mixed to deliver a consistent CBD amount in each serving.
- Proper dosing: A standard serving is one milliliter or a full dropper, which provides 25 milligrams of CBD. You can also compute the amount of CBD per one milliliter serving by the total CBD amount in milligrams to the bottle size in milliliters. For instance, a 750-milligram CBD bottle divided by 30 milliliters would provide 25 milligrams of CBD per milliliter or per full dropper.
- Administer CBD tincture sublingually: Using a dropper, withdraw and dispense the right amount of CBD sublingually or under the tongue. Hold the CBD tincture in your mouth before swallowing for about 60 to 90 seconds. By doing so, cannabidiol enters the small capillaries in the oral mucosa for immediate stress relief.
- Repeat the procedure as needed: Follow the same procedure of administering CBD tincture sublingually throughout the day or as necessary.
Quit Smoking And Vape CBD Flower
Because of stress and anxiety, many people resort to unhealthy practices. One of these is smoking, which is harmful to your respiratory system because of nicotine and other chemicals present in tobacco, including tar deposits.
These days, you can’t afford to get sick because it will just increase your risk of getting struck by the coronavirus, most especially if you live in an area with confirmed cases. That’s why as early as now, you have to quit smoking and start living a healthier lifestyle.
If you want to quit smoking or are having trouble doing it, vaporization is a safer alternative. With vaporization technology, you can benefit from vaping CBD flowers. It involves heating the plant material at a lower temperature using an herb vaporizer as compared to an open flame. Using a vaporizer, you can inhale CBD in vapor form rather than smoke.
Through CBD inhalation, cannabidiol contained within the hemp flower enters the bloodstream and reaches the brain quickly, which provides fast-acting stress relief. Because this process avoids material combustion, you reduce the presence of potentially harmful irritants contained in the smoke.
Here are ways you can use a vaporizer when taking CBD flower:
- Warm up the unit: Vaping devices, specifically vaporizers, need to be warmed up for about a minute or two; this process begins as soon as you turn on the vaping device. Most vape units have an indicator light to alert you once the vape has reached the desired temperature.
- Load the chamber: The CBD flower should be finely ground before you load it inside the vape chamber. It allows heat penetration in the material, thus activating the CBD and other cannabinoids efficiently. It’s a good idea to buy a vaporizer that comes with a grinder, or you may also purchase a grinder separately. Never grind CBD flower by hand because doing so may decrease their potency due to the cannabinoid-rich flower sticking to your fingers.
- Dosing: As a start, 0.25 and 0.5 grams of ground CBD flower is good. Make sure to seal the vape device properly after loading the finely ground CBD into the chamber.
- Adjust temperature: You have two options when it comes to temperature adjustment, including fixed temperature and custom control. Variable temperature settings include low, medium, and high settings, allowing you to customize your vaping experience. The commonly used temperature is about 360 to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Temperatures below 350 degrees Fahrenheit produce a mild effect that is suitable for inexperienced users, whereas temperatures above 400 degrees Fahrenheit produce a heavier effect that is recommended for severe anxiety symptom relief.
- Vaping or inhalation: Upon device activation and warm-up, you can start vaping or inhaling through the mouthpiece. Pace yourself when vaping to attain the desired symptom-relieving effect.
- Completion: The quantity of CBD you are consuming will gradually decrease with vaporization because the vaporizer removes the oils from the flower. The green flowers turn to brown during use. If the vapor that the device emits becomes thin or loses flavor, you should load additional ground CBD flowers before further use if you haven’t experienced the desired effects yet. Any leftover CBD flower after vaping should be discarded or used as edibles. It’s because the potency left on the material will highly depend on how much it was initially heated in the herb vaporizer.
Experiment With CBD Edibles To Reduce Stress
CBD edibles make staying at home a lot more fun because you can create your own recipes with the length of time you have. If you love to cook or bake goodies, you can infuse CBD oil to help reduce your stress. This new hobby can also boost your morale and make you healthier and less anxious.
If you don’t have a knack for cooking or baking, you can buy CBD gummies, CBD cookies, and other CBD edibles online or in local dispensaries. Just pop up some CBD gummies and feel stress relief within 30 to 45 minutes upon ingestion.
During this health crisis, using CBD products is a great way to stay calm and cope better with the fear and anxiety caused by the coronavirus. You can use CBD oil or CBD tincture by orally ingesting it or taking it under the tongue or sublingually for immediate effects. Also, vaping CBD flowers is another option, which is a safe alternative to cigarette smoking.
A fun way to cope with boredom during this crisis while staying at home is making CBD edibles. You can create your own CBD edible recipes and find the best ones for you. Indeed, CBD is not just for pain relief or to control seizures among epileptic patients. It’s also a great stress buster to keep you calm during this pandemic.
Last Updated on