Looking for the best CBD manufacturer?
Look no more! I've compiled a list of the best CBD products & manufacturers and they're even broken down by specific use-cases.
As CBD continues to make headlines across the globe and more people realize the tremendous benefits this non-psychoactive compound derived from hemp contains, CBD isolate is becoming increasingly more popular every day.
If you’re looking for one of the most potent forms of CBD, CBD isolate could become your new go-to. What exactly is CBD isolate, though? And why is it so beneficial?
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD isolate is a pure, crystalline powder that contains 99% pure CBD. CBD isolate contains only CBD. All the plant matter contained in the hemp plant, including oils, waxes, chlorophyll, and more are removed, offering a finished product that’s CBD and nothing more.
How is CBD Isolate Made?
In order to get CBD out of hemp, it must be extracted. CBD isolate is produced by using a bit of a more detailed extraction process of its own. CBD isolate extraction starts out like other extraction processes used to make CBD. Once the initial extraction takes place, concentrated CBD is still full of all the plant material contained in the hemp plant itself.
In order to get this ultra-pure form of isolated CBD, a purifying process follows the actual extraction process. This purification process includes filtration where all plant material is filtered out of the extract. Following filtration, the extracted oil goes through what’s known as a “winterization process” that further removes any waxes or other plant materials that were still present after filtration.
What you’re left with is a fine, white powder that is 99% pure CBD.
CBD Isolate Contains ZERO THC
While most people assume CBD doesn’t contain THC, there are still trace amounts found in CBD oil that is made using the entire hemp plant. This is known as full-spectrum CBD and can be sold legally as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC. While this minuscule amount typically isn’t enough for people to feel any psychoactive effects, it can still show up in a person’s system.
CBD isolate that offers all the benefits of CBD without a trace of THC. This isolated version of CBD is excellent for anyone who is sensitive to THC or can’t have THC show up in a drug test. Military service members, police officers, emergency first responders, and anyone else who absolutely can’t fail a drug test will find CBD offers the relief they need, without the fear of having THC in their system.
How Exactly Do You Use CBD Isolate?
Okay, you’ve picked up some CBD isolate. But what exactly are you supposed to do with this tasteless, odorless, fine white powder? The answer is…basically anything you want.
Because CBD isolate doesn’t have any taste or odor, you can use it in a variety of ways. Some of the easiest ways to get your daily dose of CBD using a CBD isolate include:
• Place it Directly Under Your Tongue: Placing CBD isolate powder directly under your tongue is, by far, the easiest way to use isolate. Hold it there for about 60 seconds. The CBD will then be delivered to the bloodstream via the mucus membranes to provide the relief you desire. CBD has no taste or odor so this shouldn’t be too uncomfortable of an experience.
• Creating Your Own CBD Oil and Custom Products: You can infuse CBD isolate into a carrier oil (for example, MCT oil, grapeseed, or olive) to create your own CBD oil that is measured precisely. This CBD oil can then be taken sublingually for desired effects.
You can also use this CBD-infused oil to cook or bake with, but keep in mind that CBD will lose its potency at higher temperatures. If you do want to cook with the CBD isolate oil you created, make sure you’re doing so at less than 350 degrees Fahrenheit, ensuring you never go above 400 degrees. CBD isolate heated any higher will lose most of its benefits.
CBD isolate can also be mixed with skin oils to create a topical that can be used on sore muscles or to ease inflammation and joint or arthritis pain. One of our favorites to use is a base of coconut oil 🙂
• Mix it in Your Morning Juice or Smoothie: One of the easiest ways to use CBD isolate is by adding it to a glass of juice or a smoothie. It will blend seamlessly with your liquid, offering an extra boost of benefits to an already healthy way to start the day.
• Try it in Coffee or Tea: If juice or smoothies aren’t your thing, CBD isolate will work just as good when mixed with your morning cup of coffee or tea.
• Make a CBD Sweetener: Another popular method of using CBD isolate involves making it into sort of a sweetener, though as we mentioned above CBD should be tasteless. To make your own CBD “sweetener”, heat up honey or agave in a double boiler (or something similar), and then mix in your CBD isolate until thoroughly dissolved. Use this infused sweetener on top of toast, in your tea or coffee, or even by the spoonful.
Final Thoughts on CBD Isolate
Keep in mind that CBD isolate is 99% pure. A gram of CBD isolate will typically contain over 990 milligrams of CBD. This means that for every one milligram of powder, you’re essentially getting one milligram of CBD. This makes it easier than ever to measure precise dosages and know exactly how much CBD you’re getting every time you use it.
While it might have seemed intimidating at first, there’s nothing to worry about. CBD isolate is actually one of the most versatile ways to use CBD that exists. Now that you know exactly what it is and how to use it, you can consider integrating CBD isolate into your regular wellness routine.