Founded in 1998, Manitoba Harvest is one of the biggest names in hemp. What started as a dream has turned into a multi-billion-dollar organization with hemp products sold across 22 countries globally. If you love hemp products as much as we do, Manitoba Harvest is definitely a company you’ll want to check out. Make sure to also check out CBD School's own Manitoba Harvest CBD Review as well as our podcast with Jeff their senior product manager! Manitoba Harvest History In 1995, Manitoba Harvest founder Mike Fata was 18 years old and weighed more than 300 pounds. To try to lose weight Fata tried countless “magic” solutions, however, he “learned the hard way that diet fads can be dangerous as a fat-free regimen that made me very sick and almost killed me.” After several failed dieting attempts Fata began researching nutrition. He learned all about essential fatty acids and how vital they are for human health. During this time, a friend introduced him to hemp foods and Fata found himself coming back to life. He maintains that hemp seeds — along with exercise and a balanced, nutritious diet packed with “power foods” — helped him lose over 100 pounds, achieving a healthy weight and lifestyle he maintains to this day. Fata partnered with two others in 1997, the year before Canada legalized industrial hemp, to make a dream of sharing hemp foods with the world a reality through the creation of Manitoba Harvest. In 2015, Manitoba Harvest sold for $132.5 million, something that helped the company expand from a retail network of 7,000 stores to some 16,000. Some of these include Wal-Mart, Costco and Amazon. In early 2019, the company was sold again. This time the purchase price for the hemp giant was $419 million. Companies with that kind of growth potential are those you can believe in. Manitoba Harvest: High Quality Hemp, From Seed to Shelf In order to become the biggest name in any business, you’ve got to carry a quality product. There’s no doubt Manitoba Harvest is committed to quality. Pure, wholesome love from hemp is what you’ll find here. Manitoba Harvest is all about quality and adhering to the highest possible production standards. The self-described “misfits on a mission” want to see you thrive and are all about offering the nutritional benefits of hemp to health seekers around the world. This multi-billion-dollar business takes a seed to shelf approach to hemp production. Manitoba Harvest oversees every step of the process, from planting that first seed to manufacturing, production, packaging and distribution. For the production of its hemp food products, Manitoba Harvest works closely with Canadian farmers, starting before their non-GMO hemp seeds are even planted and continuing all the way through harvest and production. Their hemp seeds go through 34 tests before they even leave the production facility, ensuring that what the company offers is literally the best possible hemp seed. Their commitment to quality was truly industry changing: in December 2018, Manitoba Harvest became first company in the hemp category to proactively gather and provide the scientific evidence necessary to affirm the FDA’s designation of Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Notified. Manitoba Harvest’s seed to shelf system allows them to track each hemp seed coming into their facility and each hemp product they sell directly back to the very field where it was originally cultivated. If you’re interested in high-quality hemp from a company you can believe in, we highly recommend checking out Manitoba Harvest’s array of hemp-based products. Manitoba Harvest Hemp Products You’ve likely run across Manitoba Harvest hemp products at one point or another. They’re found in retail stores in 22 countries globally. So, what exactly does Manitoba Harvest offer as far as premium hemp products are concerned? Quite a bit, actually. Check it out.
- Hemp Hearts: These shelled hemp seeds are the primary ingredient of every Manitoba Harvest food product. Hemp seeds are the perfect addition to meals, salads and smoothies – the possibilities are nearly endless!.
- Hemp Yeah! Granola: This is organic granola at its finest, with hemp seeds as the magic ingredient. It’s available in four different flavors: Honey & Oats, Blueberry, Dark Chocolate and Cranberry. Enjoy for breakfast with milk or yogurt, or as a quick anytime snack straight out of the bag.
- Hemp Yeah! Bars: Manitoba Harvest’s new line of Hemp Yeah! Bars, makes the perfect pick-me-up snack. Each bar contains 10g protein and the Omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids your body needs to thrive. Available in three different flavors: Dark Chocolate Almond Sea Salt, Dark Chocolate & Cocoa Nibs and Coconut Cashew Dark Chocolate.
- Hemp Yeah! Plant Protein Blend: A blend of pea and hemp protein offering a whopping 20g of protein per serving, this protein blend gives you a plant-based protein designed to be mixed into your smoothies or non-dairy beverages. Awesome for athletes or anyone who follows a plant-based diet, this protein blend is available in three flavors: Unsweetened, Vanilla and Chocolate.
- Hemp Yeah! Protein Powder: This pure hemp protein powder is simple and nutritious. It’s got the protein and fiber you need to keep your body running healthy and strong. Available in Unsweetened, Vanilla and Chocolate.
- Hemp Seed Oil: Not to be confused with CBD oil, hemp seed oil is often used for sauces, dressings and dips to take advantage of its amazing nutritional profile. Hemp seed oil was one of Manitoba Harvest’s very first products and is available in organic and non-organic options. They also carry hemp seed oil softgels that provide all the benefits of hemp seed oil in a convenient supplement form.